Peaceful Cabin bundle makes a great winter or holiday card. When I look at this card, it brings a feeling of peacefulness, which is why I had to have it and make it! Reminds me of the quiet of newly fallen snow. Thanks to Terri Gaines for the inspiration on this card. I received it from her in a swap and I just had to make several of them and you may want to recreate this too. Read on how to make this card. It takes very few supplies –the Peaceful Cabin bundle, paper, ink, and rhinestones!
- Basic Gray cardstock: 4.25″ x 5.5″
- Basic White: 4 1/8″ x 5.25″ (tree background), 2.75″ x 5.25″ (cabin), 11″ x 4″, scored at 5.5″ then fold in 1/2 and trim width to 5.25″ on ends (trees)–this way the ends will always line up.
- Stamp the trees on the 4 1/8″ x 5.25″ pieces of white cardstock. Using Basic Gray ink, stamp the first set of trees where the bottom of the trees are sitting at the middle vertically and to the right horizontally. Stamp the trees a second time without re-inking so that it overlaps the first set of trees but is toward the top. Stamp the trees a third time without re-inking near the top left. Reink the smallest tree only and stamp in the middle vertically and on the left horizontally. (See Figure 1)
- On the scored pieces of white cardstock, fold the card in 1/2 and die cut the tree outline at the very top, with the fold on the left using Basic Gray ink. Use the Stamparatus to stamp the trees onto to die cut piece. Use the top die cut piece that the trees were cut from to line the stamping up on the Stamparatus (see Figure 2). You can skip using the Stamparatus if you are an accurate stamper–I need the extra help to get it lined up!
- On the 2.75″ x 5.25″ Basic White piece, die cut the cabin outline along the top of the 5.25″ side. Use the Stamparatus again in the same way as above with the trees, to stamp the cabin in Basic Gray ink (Figure 4).
Assembly of Peaceful Cabin Winter Card:
- Adhere the 4 1/8″ x 5.25 Basic White piece onto the the Basic Gray card base, placing the white cardstock even with the bottom of the Basic Gray and centered on the other sides.
- Next, adhere the folded piece of Basic White cardstock with the trees on top with dimensionals.
- Adhere the cabin piece on top of the folded trees.
- Decorate with Rhinestones.
- Add Wink of Stella to give the snow a glistening effect!