I couldn’t wait for my order of Blackberry Beauty specialty DSP to arrive so I could use the Inspired Thoughts bundle with this paper. The gold foil in this Specialty paper looks great when used with the Inspiring Canopy dies! I love the random flecks of gold in the trees as well as the other rich colors. Read on to see how easy it is to make this card.
- Blackberry Bliss Cardstock: 5.5″ x 9.5″, scored at 1″, 2″ and 5.75″ along 9.5″ side, 4.25″ x 8.5″, scored at 4.25″ along 8.5″ side
- Very Vanilla cardstock: 4.25″ x 3.25″ for scalloped rectangle die, 1.75″ square for circle sentiment, 4.75″ x 3.5″ for inside sentiment
- Gold Metallic: 5.5″ x 1″ for hill die
- Blackberry Beauty Specialty Designer Series Paper: 5.5″ x 4″ piece with gold foil for tree die cut, 3.75″ x 5.25″ coordinating piece from paper pack
- Make the die cuts with the paper specified above for each die: trees, scalloped rectangle, circle sentiment, & hill.
- Stamp sentiments on Very Vanilla circle and on 4.75 x 3.5″ piece in Blackberry Bliss paper.
- Fold the large Blackberry Bliss paper with a mountain fold using the scoreline between the two 1″ sections. This will be the front of the card.
- Also make a mountain fold with the scoreline between the two 3.75″ sections of the large Blackberry Bliss cardstock. Your card base will look like Figure 1 when you are done. Use a bone folder to crease all the folds so that it will lay more flat when finished.
- Adhere the 3.75″ x 5.25″ coordinating DSP to the 3.75″ Blackberry Bliss cardstock section facing the small mountain or front of card..
- Fold the 4.25″ x 8.5″ piece of Blackberry Bliss cardstock along the scoreline. This panel will be adhered to the front and back of the card base, slightly off center towards the left hand side of the card. Adhere one side of the 4.25″ x 4.25″ panel to the back of the large piece of Blackberry Bliss. Then place about an inch of adhesive to the bottom inside edge of the other 4.25″ x 4.25 panel and adhere to the front of card base.
- Adhere the Very Vanilla scalloped triangle to the center front of the 4.25″ x 4.25″ Blackberry Bliss cardstock.
- Use adhesive to apply the gold metallic hill along the bottom front of the 1″ section of the Blackberry Blliss cardstock.
- Next, adhere the trees to the front of the card and note that the trees are meant to hang over the edge of the 4.25″x 4.25″ section of Blackberry Bliss card stock and thus, will not need adhesive on the ends of the tree canopy.
- Add circle sentiment with dimensions, only on the left side of circle and add to card.
- Adorn with gold gems.
- Adhere inside sentiment to card.