Measurements & Supplies:
Card base: Basic White CS 12” x 4.75” scored on the long side at 4” and 8”
Real Red CS: 6.5” x 3.75” (two of these) scored on the long side at 2.75” and lightly at 5.5”
Basic White CS: 2.5” x 3.5” (four of these)
Pear Pizazz CS: 3.75” x 4.5”
Basic White: 3.5” x 4.25”
Designer Paper: 7/8” x 3.5” (two of these)
Designer Paper: 2.5” x 3.5” (two of these)
Gingerbread & Peppermint DSP for tree, snowflake, ornament cut-outs and peppermint candy pieces
Real Red ribbon: 7” piece and two 6” pieces
- For this card, I’ve already adhered the 7/8” x 3.5” strips of designer paper to the Real Red cardstock pieces and attached those panels to the card base with brads.
- Before you adhere the stamped white cardstock pieces, please review the video and take a look at these photos so you can see how everything is placed.
- The ribbon for each Real Red cardstock panel needs to be adhered first BEFORE you adhere the white stamped cardstock pieces. Use some adhesive and place the ribbon so it forms a “loop” as shown – the ends will be covered by the white cs pieces.
- For the bottom Real Read panel, the ribbon will be at the bottom of the cs piece. Then “happy holidays” and the ornament cs piece will be layered onto it.
- When you flip the card base over to work on the Real Red cs panel that goes in the middle, you’ll adhere the red ribbon so it forms a “loop” as shown.
- VERY IMPORTANT: Adhere the “Merry Christmas” and snowflake white cardstock pieces upside down on this Real Red panel because with the way they flip out of the card, they’ll need to be upside down the way you’re working on it.
- Once you have adhered the white cardstock pieces, adhere the red or pear pizazz designer paper pieces to the other side of the Real Red cardstock panel. (the portion under the snowflake and under the ornament piece).
The next step is to adhere the base together, working around your Real Red panels. You’ll want to fold the card base so that you’re putting each Real Red panel inside two white panels. You should end up with white panels on the front and back and the folded Real Red panels “sandwiched inside.” (See video about the 12-minute mark)
9. Use liquid glue on the corners as shown. You want to give the Real Red panel room to pivot on the brad.
10. Glue the other two panels together the same way, only applying liquid glue in the corners, allowing the other Real Red panel to pivot.
11. Once you have the card base glued together and it has had a few minutes to set with you pressing it together or putting something heavy on it to seal it, do a test where you pull out the panels. You want to make sure which white panel to glue your card front pieces on so the card is right-side-up.
12. For the card front, use Scotch tape to adhere the longest Red ribbon around the white cardstock piece and then adhere that to the Pear Pizazz cardstock. Adhere that to the card front.
Adhere one of your tree/ornament/snowflake shapes to the card front near the red ribbon, tucking the left side of it under the ribbon, and use pop dots for the second one.
13. Adhere the peppermint candies all around the card front.
14. Add Wonderful Gems embellishments and use a glue dot to attach the Real Red bow.