What a great time to get free items, like the Penguin Playmates 12″x12″ Designer Series Paper, to coordinate with the Playful Penguins bundle from the 2021 June-Dec. Mini catalog. This penguin is easy to make with the punch and stamp set–he is sooo cute and the paper and other cutouts from the paper give you so many options for cards.
Measurements for card using Penguin Playmates:
- Fresh Freesia Cardstock: Cardbase is 4.25″ x 11″, score at 2.75″ and 8.25″ along the 11″ side, piece for large scallop
- Soft Succulent Cardstock: piece for circle inset
- Basic Black Cardstock: piece for penguin
- Basic White Cardstock: piece for penguin inset, piece for sentiment tag, (1) 4″ x 5.25″ for inside, piece for hat and scarf
- Pumpkin Pie Cardstock: piece for 2 feet
- Penguin Playmates Designer Series Paper (SAB): Striped paper at 5.25″ x 2″; Snowflake paper at 5.25″ x 3″
- To make penguin: Punch in black cardstock the penguin body and in white cardstock the penguin inset and adhere together. Stamp the eyes in Tuxedo black memento ink and the beak in Pumpkin Pie ink. Punch 2 feet using Pumpkin Pie cardstock and adhere to front of penguin. Stamp in Misty Moonlight ink a hat and scarf on Basic White cardstock then fussy cut them out. Adhere the hat and scarf onto the penguin.
- Die cut the scallop circle in Fresh Freesia and the circle inset in Soft Succulent Cardstock and adhere together. Mount the penguin on top of Soft Succulent circle with dimensionals, using 2 regular size dimensionals and a mini dimensional for the hat.
- Stamp in Misty Moonlight the hill as close to the top edge of the striped DSP as possible. Fussy cut the hill shape.
- Die cut the sentiment tag in Basic White cardstock and stamp the sentiment on the tag in Misty Moonlight ink.
- Cut the DSP in 1/2 at 2 5/8″ along the 5.25 side.
- Stamp the Basic White inside with pine trees and presents in Soft Succulent ink and Misty Moonlight ink as shown.
- Fold the Fresh Freesia cardstock on the score lines toward the center, so they form a gate.
- Adhere the snowflake paper at the top with each 1/2 being flush with center of the cardstock base. Next, adhere the striped paper at the bottom of the card, also with the paper being flush with the center of the cardstock base. Note: It will overlap with the snowflake paper.
- Stamp pine trees in Soft Succulent ink and presents in Misty Moonlight ink on top of the hill of the striped paper.
- Adhere the scallop with the penguin to the front of the card with dimensionals on one side of the scallop, leaving one side without dimensionals so the card will open.
- Add the tag in the same way to the front of the card.
- Add Rhinestones to the hat and next to the penguin.
- Adhere the Basic White inside piece to inside of card.
To see what Susan Campfield has posted, click the image below:
To see what Kelly Acheson has posted, click the image below: