This book binding fun fold using the Dragonfly Garden bundle makes a great masculine card or general card. Read on or watch the video to learn how to make this card.
Basic Black cardstock: 8.5” x5.5” scored at 5.5” and 6.75” for cardbase ; 3”x3”; 3.5″ x 3.5″
Mossy Meadow cardstock: (2) 4”x4”
Basic White cardstock: 3.75” x3.75”
Gold Foil Sheet: 3 3/16” x 3 3/16”; piece for small dragonfly
Dandy Garden Designer Paper: 1 1/16” x 4 ”
Mossy Meadow braided linen trim or black or crumb cake twine : 12”
Cut cardstock as directed in Measurements section.
Using the 3″ x 3″ piece of black cardstock, stamp the wildflowers and small dragonflies in Versarmark and then cover with Heat & Stick powder, and ‘flick’ off excess powder. Heat until powder becomes clear. Rub gilded leafing over the Heat & Stick powder until images are covered.
Stamp in Mossy Meadow the small dragonflies on the 3.75″ x 3.75″ Basic White cardstock.
- First, fold your Basic Black card base along the 5.5” score line so that the 6.75” score line is showing on the card front.
- Use adhesive or liquid glue on the inside of your card to adhere the 1.25” “book binding” portion. (The front of your card should have a 1.25” left side that is glued down and doesn’t open, while the rest of the card opens.)
- Adhere one of the 4”x4” Mossy Meadow cardstock pieces inside the card.
- Adhere the Basic White 3.75” x 3.75” cardstock piece inside the card.
- Adhere the Dandy Garden designer paper strip of your choice to the “book binding” portion of the card front.
- Adhere the other 4”x4” Mossy Meadow CS to the card front.
- Adhere the 3.5” x 3.5” Basic Black CS to the card front.
- Adhere the 3 3/16” x 3 3/16” Gold Foil sheet to the card front.
- Adhere the stamped, gilded leaf Black CS to the card front.
- Use a small Stampin’ Dimensional to adhere the tiny gold foil dragonfly to the card front.
- Wrap the Mossy Meadow or black or tan twine around the “book binding” and tie in a knot, cutting off any excess twine.