The Art Gallery Golden Garden acetate is such a beautiful and glamourous piece to add to your cards. Two of the 12″ x 12″ pieces of Golden Garden acetate each match a design in the Fine Art Floral Designer Series Paper. With these papers, you can make 12 of the card shown below. Read on to learn now to make this see-through acetate card using the Art Gallery Bundle and coordinating Designer Series Paper.
Old Olive Cardstock: 4” x 5 1/2” (two pieces), (2) 3/4” x 4”
Golden Garden Designer Specialty Acetate: 6” x 4”
Matching piece of Fine Art Floral Designer Series Paper: 6″ x 4″
Basic white: 3.5″ x 4″, white piece for sentiment, flower and leaf die cut
- Stamp and die-cut the large flower using Rococo Rose with the more solid flower and then stamp again using the 2nd layer flower. Stamp the leaves and stem with Mossy Meadow ink.
- Using the second layer flower, stamp the 2nd layer flower in Versamark on top of the flower and then heat emboss with gold embossing powder.
- Stamp and die-cut the sentiment using Merry Merlot ink.
- Die-cut one more large flower from Old Olive cardstock.
- Score the acetate 1/2” from what will be the top of the card, making sure the acetate is right side up to match the DSP.
- Trim a diagonal section from the Designer Series Paper, keeping the bottom section. The piece in the photo is approximately 3” one side and 1 3/4” the other. Cut a piece of Old Olive and Basic White the same size. Make the Basic White very slightly shorter by trimming off 1/8″ off the bottom so that it doesn’t show when the card is closed.
- Stamp your choice of flowers and/or sentiment onto the Basic White diagonal piece, making sure the diagonal is highest on the left side.
- Use a bone folder to make sure the acetate is well scored to ensure it will lay flat for the card. Using Tear ’n Tape or Stampin’ Seal + , attach the 1/2″ scored section of the acetate to the back of the 4″ x 5.5″ piece of Old Olive Cardstock. Attach the 3/4″ X 4″ piece of Old Olive cardstock to the back, to cover up the acetate flap (optional.)
- Lay the Designer Series Paper between the acetate and Old Olive cardstock, making sure it lines up with the acetate. Do not adhere yet.
- Attach sentiment to the strip of Old Olive cardstock using dimensionals, and then attach attach the strip of Old Olive to the acetate with adhesive.
- Adhere flower stem to front of acetate, and attach flower with dimensionals.
- Open the card and put adhesive on the back of the acetate behind the sentiment strip and lower part of the leaves. Attach the Designer Series Paper (DSP) so the side of the DSP that matches the acetate shows on the front of the card, making sure it lines up correctly with the acetate.
- Attach the matching Old Olive diagonal piece of cardstock to the back of the Designer Series Paper. This piece is to give your card more sturdiness. Then adhere the Old Olive flower to the backside of the acetate to cover up the dimensionals from the front side flower. (See Figure 1)
- Stamp your choice of flowers and/or sentiment onto the Basic White diagonal piece, and adhere to the Old Olive card base, making sure it is in the same direction as the Designer Series Paper (See Figure 2)
- Tie a bow using piece of gold twine from the Forever Greenery Trim Combo Pack and attach with a glue dot.