Tis the season to be jolly and the Snowman Season Snowball card says it all! This little snowman is one of my favorites–he/she is just so happy that I had to put a few snowballs in his/her hands and make it look like he/she is juggling them! Then a few sparkles with our newest snowflake sequins and it makes the card complete!
Shimmery White cardstock: 3×3″
Highland Heather cardstock: 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″; 5.5″ x 8.5″ scored at 4.25″ along the 8.5″ side
Pool Party cardstock: 3.5″ x 4.5″
Whisper White cardstock: 3 5/8″ x 4 5/8″; 4″ x 5.25″ for inside
Snowflake Splendor DSP: 2″ x 4″
Directions for Snowman Season Snowball Card:
- Die cut the largest stitched square from the Shapes die from Shimmery White Paper. Stamp the snowman in Memento Ink towards the top of the stitched square. Take the light Pool Party blend and trace around outside of snowman and ground to create a 3D look.
- To make the banner, make a 1/2″ slit from the center of the Snowflake Splendor DSP along the 2″ side. Cut from the bottom corners to the top of the slit to form the banner shape.
- Apply a small amount of puff paint to the Shimmery White square where you want the snowballs. Tip: You need just the smallest amount of puff paint to make the snowball (see Figure 1). If you put too much, just absorb the puff paint with a kleenex or paper towel and start again. Having too much puff paint will make the snowballs too big. Practice on scrap paper till you achieve the right size. I typically tilt the bottle tip to the side and apply the paper to the tip of the puff paint to control the amount of puff paint that comes out; i.e. do not completely face the tip of the puff paint down onto the paper.. Then apply heat with a heat gun to make the snowballs (Figure 2). Tip: Allow the heat gun to heat up before heating the puff paint.
- Adhere and center snowman to square piece of Highland Heather. Wrap ribbon around bottom part of squares and tie a square knot to the front on the right side. Apply dimensionals to the back of the Highland Heather square. Straddle 2 of the dimensionals on the ribbon and paper to help keep the ribbon in place.
- Stamp sentiment on the piece of pool party on the right hand side.
- Adhere and center the Pool Party card stock to the smaller piece of white cardstock. Adhere and center to the Highland Heather card base.
- Adhere the banner on top of the Pool Party card stock on the left hand side. Use the square snowman piece to help with centering, such that the banner will be centered under the squares.
- Take dimensional backings off the Highland Heather square and adhere on top of banner.
- Decorate card with snowflake sequins.
- Adhere 4″ x 5.25″ white card stock to inside of card and stamp sentiment of choice.
CLICK HERE TO SHOP NOW!