This Merry Moose Pine Tree card has the feel of the northwoods–perfect for those who love the forest! Reminds me of the Minnesota Northwoods! It was so much fun to put together. Inspiration for this card came from Erica Cerwin…
CLICK HERE TO WATCH VIDEO
Whisper White Thick Cardstock: 5.5″ x 8.5″ scored along the 8.5″ side at 4.25″
Whisper White cardstock: 4″x5.25″, small piece for sentiment
Shimmery White cardstock: 5.25 x 2″
In Good Taste DSP: piece for 2 pine trees
Gilded Autumn Specialty DSP: piece for 1 tree
Cherry Cobbler cardstock: piece for 1 pine tree, small piece for the scarf
Crumb Cake cardstock: for the moose
Linen Thread: 16″
Directions for Merry Moose Pine Tree Card:
- Die cut 2 of the pine trees from 2 different patterns in the In Good Taste DSP, die cut 1 small pine tree from the brown houndstooth pattern from Gilded Autumn Specialty DSP.
- Use the buffalo checked background stamp with Memento Black ink to stamp onto Cherry Cobbler card stock. Die cut one pine tree from this pattern.
- Use the hill die from the Pines dies to cut a curve from the Shimmery White paper so that the hill is higher on the left than the right. Stamp footprints on the left hand side of the hill onto the Shimmery White paper with Memento Black ink.
- Stamp the moose on Crumb Cake in Early Espresso ink and punch out with Moose punch.
- Stamp the card front sentiment on whisper white in Early Espresso ink and punch out with the classic label punch.
- Stamp the moose scarf on Cherry Cobbler card stock with Cherry Cobbler ink and fussy cut.
- Stamp inside the card base with sentiment in Cherry Cobbler ink and the raccoon in Memento Ink.
- Emboss the 4″x5.25″ white card stock with the Woodlands embossing folder. Layer onto the card base with dimensionals.
- Adhere the trees on the front of the card using dimensionals placed down the center of each tree.
- Wrap the linen thread around the snow hill and make a bow in the front on the left hand side of the snow hill.
- Place dimensionals on the back of the snow hill (2 on each end, straddling the linen thread to hold it in place). Make sure the linen thread is underneath the footprints on the snow hill.
- Place moose on the front of the snow hill with 2 dimensionals (on its body.)
- Adhere the sentiment with 2 mini dimensionals or regular dimensionals cut in 1/2.
- Color in the raccoon with Stampin’ Up Blends (smoky slate, cherry cobbler, crumb cake)
CLICK HERE TO SHOP