I love bridge cards because they are easy and fancy and this Poinsettia Petals bridge card is no exception. Read on to learn how to make this 3D card. It’s great that it also fits into a standard A2 envelope just by folding to one side. Isn’t the flocked paper absolutely gorgeous?
Night of Navy card stock: (1) Card base 4.25″ x 8″ scored on the 8″ side: 1.25″, 2.5″ , 5.5″ and 6.75″, (1) bridge layer: 1″ x 5.5″
Plush Poinsettia Specialty Paper: 1″ x 4″ side panels
Whisper White card stock: (2) 2.75″ x 4″: inside message & backside message, 4.25 x 5.5″ for poinstettia and leaves die cuts
Balmy Blue Glimmer paper: 3″ x 3″ for sprigs
- Fold on score lines. Fold the inside score lines to center of card, like a door, then fold outside score lines back to form a flap.
- Adhere specialty paper strips to the flaps using glue dots or a light amount of adhesive to minimize the show-through of the adhesive.
- Stamp sentiments in Misty Moonlight on the 2.75″ x 4″ pieces, one for the inside of the bridge card and one for the back and adhere to card.
- Apply Night of Navy bridge strip across front of card using Tear & Tape on the backside of the strip, or other strong adhesive. Apply the left side of the bridge strip by folding the left side of the card flat. Then with the right side of the card extended and flat, adhere the right side of the bridge strip to the front of the right side of card.
- Stamp 3 sizes of poinsettias and 2 leaves in Misty Moonlight ink on Whisper White cardstock and die cut. Also stamp the interior of the leaves with filler stamp.
- Layer the poinsettias to each other in the center only, starting with the largest poinsettia to the smallest and offset the petals from each other on each layer.
- Add dimensionals to the back of the poinsettia in the center only and adhere to front of bridge card.
- Adhere leaves behind the poinsettia.
- Die cut 2 sprigs and 1 poinsettia center from the Balmy Blue glimmer paper and apply adhesive to the back side of the sprigs on the lower half only then arrange them behind the poinsettia.
- Adhere the Balmy Blue Glimmer poinsettia center to flower and add blue gem.