Make this beautiful Poinsettia Double Fan Fold card in Night of Navy and Silver to dazzle your friends at the holidays. I love using blue and white for holiday cards–the colors remind me of the glistening snow and night skies. Since this card is also self-standing, it can be displayed for all to see!
Night of Navy Cardstock: Card base 5.5″ x 7.5″, scored at 1.25″, 2.5″, 5″, 6.25″ on 7.5″ side; 2″x 3″ for poinsettia leaves
Silver foil mat: 2.25″ x5.25″ for inside front; (4) 1″ x 2.25″ pieces for triangles; (2) 1″x 5″ for large triangles; piece for 2 sprigs
Snowflake DSP: 2″ x 5″ for inside front, (4) 0.75″ x 2″ pieces for triangles
Whisper White card stock: 4.25″ x 5.5″ for poinsettias, 3/4″ x 3″ for sentiment, 2.25″ x 5.25″ for back of card
Directions for Poinsettia Double Fan Fold:
- On Night of Navy cardstock on 7..5″ side, scored at 1.25″, 2.5″, 5″, 6.25″.
- To make score lines, start from upper left corner (0) to bottom 2.5″ score line then score from 2.5″ score line to bottom left corner (0) on 7.5″ side (see Figure 1).
- Score also from upper 5″ score line to bottom right (7.5″) corner; score from upper right corner (7.5″) to bottom left 5″ score line. (see Figure 1).
- Cut the silver foil 1″ x 2.25″ pieces at a diagonal. To do this, cut from upper left corner on 1″ side to lower right corner for 2 of the pieces. Next, cut from upper right corner to bottom left corner on 1″ side for the remaining 2 pieces (see Figure 2).
- Cut DSP 0.75″ x 2″ pieces at a diagonal. To do this, cut 2 pieces from upper left corner on 0.75″ side to lower right corner then cut 2 pieces from upper right corner to bottom left corner on 0.75″ side (see Figure 2).
- Create triangles from the 1″ x 5″ silver strips. To do this, mark the center along the 5″ side on the backside of the silver strip. Cut from the center point to one end and then the same of the other (see Figure 3)
- Die cut and emboss 3 different size poinsettias in Whisper White cardstock. Next, die cut and emboss 2 Night of Navy leaves. Die cut 2 silver foil sprigs.
- Stamp sentiment on 1″x3″ whisper white in Night of Navy ink.
- Fold each diagonal score line on the Night of Navy cardstock and burnish with a bone folder (Figure 4)
- Create a mountain fold (noted with an ‘M’ on Figure 5) with the small top and bottom triangles on each side.
- Fold left side down on remaining folds (Figure 6) and burnish with bone folder. Do the same with the right side folds.
- Fold sides to the back of the card along the 2 center scored lines (Figure 7.)
- Adhere all triangle DSP pieces to silver foil mat triangle pieces.. Layer triangles on the Night of Navy cardstock.
- Take large silver triangles and adhere to Night of Navy cardstock.
- Layer the 2″x5″ DSP to the Silver Foil layer and adhere to the center of the card.
- Gently curl each of the petals of the poinsettias upward with a bone folder. Adhere each poinsettia layer to each other, starting from largest to smallest. and offsetting the petals in each layer. Next, adhere poinsettia to center of card with dimensionals. Use a glue dot to adhere the beaded pearls to the center of the poinsettia.
- Adhere the 2 Night of Navy leaves underneath the poinsettia, applying adhesive only to the bottom of the leaf. Adhere the 2 silver sprigs on top of the Night of Navy leaves, applying adhesive only at the bottom of the sprigs.
- Apply the sentiment underneath the poinsettia using dimensionals.
- Stamp the sentiment for the backside of the card using Night of navy ink.
- Apply Wink of Stella to the Poinsettia for some extra sparkle.
2 thoughts on “Poinsettia Double Fan Fold Card”
Do you have any of these card kits left? Is this an old video? I love the big poinsettia…
This was a card I featured last year, although we still sell the Poinsettia Petals bundle set in our annual catalog, so you can still make one of these cards with the products. The poinsettia is absolutely one of my favorites–and with the way it die cuts and embosses at the same time, it looks more realistic.
Comments are closed.