This Nature’s Beauty Trifold Window card will surprise your recipient! When the card is laying flat, it appears to be a standard card fold, however, once opened, it reveals a window and more layers inside! Learn how to make this card using this timeless stamp set
Real Red cardstock: 5.5″ x 8.5″ scored at 4.25″ along the 8.5″ side
Toile Tidings Designer Series Paper (DSP): 4″ x 5.25″
Very Vanilla cardstock: 5.25″ x 8″, score at 2″, 4″ along the 8″ side, 4″ x 4″
Directions for Nature’s Beauty Trifold Window Card:
- Fold cardbase and adhere the 4″x5.25″ piece of DSP to the front of the card. Use the adhesive in the corners and primarily around the perimeter of the back of your designer paper, and not much in the center at all.
- Use the Stitched Nested Label die that cuts a 2 3/8″ x 4.25″ opening, and center on front of card and die cut. Use the next size down Nested Label die and die cut from the 4″x4″ Very Vanilla cardstock. Layer this Very Vanilla stamped Nested label on top of the larger red Nested Label that was cut from the front of the card. (Note: The DSP that was cut from the front of the card will not be used on this card.)
- Take your Very Vanilla Nested Label diecut and stamp a message in Real Red ink and the fox in Tuxedo black Memento ink.
- On the large piece of Very Vanilla, stamp in the 4″x5.25″ section with the scored section to the right. Stamp the deer, rabbit, grass, shrubs in Tuxedo Black Memento and the sentiment in Real Red ink. To get the shrubs to appear as if they are behind the deer, mask the backend of the deer with a fussy cut piece of Post-It note paper.
- Adhere this stamped section to the inside flap of card, with the scored portion of the Very Vanilla to the right. Fold the cardstock to the left of the first score line and then fold the remaining cardstock to the right of the next score line. Close the card.
- Apply adhesive to the fold that is exposed through the Nested Label window and then apply the large shape cutout to the card.
- Tie a 22″ piece of ribbon around the inside front of the card and tie a bow on the front side of the card.