The Prized Peony bundle is so beautiful because it can make a 3D flower. It looks fabulous in so many colors. In this card, the peony pieces are die cut from white cardstock and then sponged with Bumblebee ink.
Whisper White cardstock: (1) 3.25″ x 4.25″; piece for peony die cuts and white center; piece for label
Just Jade cardstock: piece for lable and peony leaves
Flowers for Every Season: 7-8 strips of yellow/just jade patterned paper
- Die cut the following:
- 3D Peony (4 pieces) and the center from whisper white.
- (2) Just Jade Leaves
- Label from Whisper White and 2nd layer of tag from Just Jade.
- Cut strips of patterned paper at an angle (make the length longer than the piece of paper you want to use on your card). Align the strips on the white rectangle, allowing some white to show through between pieces. Start on one end with a straignt edge along the left (or right) and keep adding more strips till it reaches the other end. (See Figure 1) Trim off the excess of the strips and cut down the white cardstock to be 3″ x 4″.
- Layer white cardstock in center of card base.
- Stamp the sentiment on the white label with Just Jade ink and then adhere the white label to the Just Jade label. Using dimensionals, adhere the sentiment to the card base with dimensionals.
- Use a sponge dauber to apply Bumblebee ink to the edges then assemble the Peony die pieces. To assemble the 3D peony, adhere each peony piece to each other as its layered. starting from the smallest piece to biggest piece, making sure the bottom pieces align. Add the white center into the second smallest layer.
- Adhere peony to the card, overlapping the tag. The edges can be adhered using tear and tape for a stronger hold. Next, put the leaves underneath each side of the peony and adhere.
- Double up 8″ of the crinkled seam binding ribbon and tie into a bow. Adhere to the bottom of the peony.
Supplies for Prized Peony 3D Flower:
Bonus Days are here! For every $50 in Stampin’ Up products you purchase (before shipping and tax), you earn a $5 bonus coupon to use on products in August! Shop here to earn your coupon!