It’s so fun and easy to create an ‘under the sea’ scene with Stampin’ Up’s Whale Done bundle and coordinating paper. When you add the coordinating sequins, it creates a beautiful sparkle to the card. Open the doors of this gatefold card and it reveals some floating under the sea creatures!
Pretty Peacock Base cardstock: 8.5″ x 5.5, scored” at 2 1/8″ and 6 3/8″; cardstock for 2 seaweed die cuts and spout from punch; (1) 10.75″ x 1.25″ scored at 2 1/8″ and 6.5″ along 10.75 edge for belly band
Balmy Blue cardstock: (2) 1″x4.5″ scored at 1″, 2.5″, & 3.5″along the 4.5″ edge for arms, (1) piece for label
Whisper White cardstock: (2) pieces for greeting label
Whale of a Time Designer Series Paper: (3) 2″ x 5.25″ of the seaweed print; (1) 4″x5.25″ and (1) 2″x5.25″ cut consecutively from one of the scenic patterns
Granny Apple Green for seaweed die cut
Vellum for seaweed die cut
- Fold card base on score lines so that doors form on the front of the card.
- Adhere the seaweed patterned designer series paper to door fronts.
- Adhere the designer series paper to the inside, with the 4″x5.25″ scene in the center panel.
- Fold the 2 Balmy Blue 1″x4.25″ strips in the same direction along all the score lines. Fold each end toward center and and apply adhesive (tear and tape is recommended) See Figure 1 example.
- Apply Balmy Blue arms to inside of card where desired. This card shows one arm in the lower left and one in the upper right. To do this, take off tear and tape adhesive on the end by the longest section of the arm strip. This end will be applied to the inside panel next to the score line. (See Figure 2.) Take tear and tape of the other end and apply to center panel of card base by lying arm flat (so 2 scored sections show on the top) and the taped end tucked under and tape facing card base. Repeat for second arm.
- Decorate arms. Fussy cut a turtle from the designer series paper. You can punch a whale from the designer series paper, as shown in this card, or stamp one in pretty peacock and then punch out using whale punch. Die cut 6 seaweed: 2 each from vellum, 2 from Granny Apple Green cardstock, and 2 from Pretty Peacock cardstock. Adhere 3 seaweed to the lower arm and adhere the turtle on top. Adhere sequins as desired. My video showed applying the sequins with a glue dot and using the Take Your Pick tool to position on card. Adhere the whale to the upper right arm.
- Belly band: Burnish scored lines of belly band, and wrap band around card so ends overlap in the front of the card and small end is on top. Adhere belly band ends together. Die cut a Balmy Blue label and 2 white labels. Stamp sentiments on white labels using Pretty Peacock ink. Add Balmy Blue label to front of belly band with dimensionals. Add white label with front sentiment on top of Balmy Blue label. Decorate with 3 seaweed, a punched whale adhered with dimensionals, and a spout made from whale punch and Pretty Peacock paper. Add sequins as desired. Adhere inside sentiment to inside of card. Enjoy your ‘under the sea’ scene!