Make a gatefold card using the Stampin’ Up Celebrate Sunflowers bundle with a floating sentiment and a sunflower flower on the inside! A fun surprise for the recipient. This is such a versatile technique for any occassion. Learn how easy it is to make this card with the attached tutorial.
Measurements (using Misty Moonlight example, center card in photo):
Base Cardstock (Misty Moonlight): 8.5″ x 5.5, scored” at 2 1/8″ and 6 3/8″, 1″x4.5″ scored at 1″, 2.5″, & 3.5″
Flowers for Every Season Designer Paper: (2) 2″ x 5.25″
Whisper White cardstock : 4″ x 5.25″, 3.5″x 3.5″ for sunflower outline
Bumblebee cardstock: 3.5″x3.5″ for sunflower base
Cinnamon Cider cardstock piece for sunflower center and sunflower leaves
Directions for Celebrate Sunflowers:
- Fold card base on score lines so that doors form on the front of the card.
- Add designer series paper to door fronts.
- Put adhesive on the back of the leaves, and fit the leaves behind the sunflower.
- Next, stamp the sunflower in Misty Moonlight ink then die cut. Die cut the sunflower outline from white paper and adhere to the front of sunflower base. Tip: Use adhesive sheets on the white card stock for the sunflower outline before die cutting; this makes it easy to apply to sunflower base. Find the 3 curved petals on sunflower for easy alignment (See Figure 1). Die cut sunflower center and adhere sunflower center with a dimensional.
- Put 3 dimensionals (in a triangle formation) on the right door of front of card near center where sunflower will be applied. Center and apply sunflower to front of card.
- Stamp sunflower in Bumblebee ink in the center of the 4.5″x5.25″ white cardstock and adhere to the center panel on the inside of the card.
- Fold in the same direction along all the score lines on the 1″x4.5″ arm strips. Fold each end toward center and and apply adhesive (tear and tape is recommended). (See Figure 2)
- Apply arms to inside of card, where desired. Take off tear and tape adhesive on the end by the longest section of the arm strip. This end will be applied to the inside panel next to the score line. (See Figure 3.) Take tear and tape of the other end and apply to white cardstock. Repeat for second arm.
- Stamp sentiment in memento ink and apply to the top of one of the inside arms. Stamp, die cut and color with blends the small sunflower and adhere to the other inside arm.