Making cards that ‘wow’ the recipient are the kind I love to make! This shutter card does exactly that and its so pretty using the Good Morning Magnolia stamp set and Magnolia Lane Designer Series Paper. Here are the directions for making this lovely card.
Measurements for Good Morning Magnolia Shutter Card
- Black Cardstock: (1) 5.5″ x 8.5″, scored at 2 1/8″ and 6 3/8″ along the 8.5″ side; (2) 4″ x 3.5″, scored at 1/2″ along 4″ side, white piece for the magnolia stamp image, 1.25″ x 11.25′ scored at 2 1/8″ and 6.5″ along the 11.5″ side for belly band
- White cardstock: 3″ x 5.5″, 3.5″ x 2.25″ for inside sentiment
- Designer Series Paper: Outside (2) 1 7/8″ x 5 1/4″; Inside (1) 2 3/4″ x 5 1/4″
- Fold black base card stock on the scored lines inward so that it forms a 2 panel gate.
- Adhere the 2 pieces of designer series paper to the card front on each gate panel.
- Fold belly band on score lines. Overlap the ends so that the smaller piece is on top and adhere Stamp the magnolia image with black memento ink and color the image using the blends. Adhere the magnolia stamp image to the belly band, making sure that flower does not extend beyond the folded belly band (otherwise it won’t fit in the envelope)
- To make shutter card pieces, score 1/2″ on 4″ side of black 3.5″x 4″ piece of black card stock. Place a piece of tear & tape on the 1/2″ scored edge. From opposite the scored end, cut 2″ down the center. If doing this 2″ cut on a paper trimmer, line up the paper edge at the 1 3/4″ mark and cut 2″ from non scored end. Using a pair of long blade scissors, cut from each corner to the end of the 2″ cut to form a banner. See Figure 1.
- Take the inside designer series paper (2 3/4″ x 5 1/4″) and adhere to the 3″x5″ white piece of cardstock. Punch a 2.25″ circle in the center
- Stamp the sentiment on the 3.5″ x 2.25″ white card stock. Adhere this to the inside of the card by centering it, using the white card stock with the 2.25″ circle punch out as a guide.
- Line up the first shutter (with the tear & tape facing up) on the inside of one of the scored lines so it is centered over the circle. Take off the tear & tape and fold the side gate panel down, making sure the shutter is lined up against the score line. See Figure 2.
- Repeat this step for the second shutter on the opposite side, making sure it’s also parallel to the first shutter. See Figure 3.
- Place dimensionals (pop up dots) on the top and bottom of the back of the white card stock to be used for the inside. Adhere the top first so it’s centered left to right between score lines, then adhere the bottom.